The Nature of True Love
1. You will never truly love any other – not a child, another relative, a partner, or even a friend – if you have not chosen to love yourself. Your true Self must be loved – nurtured and embraced and developed – or else the “love” you proclaim for another will not be pure and whole. One cannot neglect being true to love of Self and expect to love the true Self of another. Living falsely yourself (being untrue to and neglecting of yourself) means you are false toward others – love cannot live in such falseness.
2. You cannot love any other truly if you hate (would aggress against) any other. The belief in aggression pollutes the heart, making it impossible for true appreciation to occur toward any other. Aggression cannot be fed within without its tainting of every relationship – even the ones you claim to value. Once accepted as valid, aggression will appear toward anyone under the right circumstances. Aggression excludes love – not just toward the one it is directed toward – but toward every individual. Aggression is of fear, it seeks to harm when no harm has been perpetrated. It excludes true love from the heart and makes only a semblance/illusion of the ability to love, for you cannot keep such hatred within and maintain love for a few.
3. Love seeks only to give, to bless, to nurture, to help the fulfillment of the soul. Toward yourself, or another.
4. Love exists only in truth…in honesty – no exceptions.
5. Love is the only guide you need. Seek to evince it (understand it) and all other of the many “confusions,” “complications,” and “controversies,” you now occupy your mind with will suddenly be cleared away. There is no controversy as to how to relate to any other in life if love is truly the guide, for it seeks not to control another, but is the ultimate respect of the individual.You may follow me on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & visit my website: